+44 20 3952 6189 Mon - Fri (8:00 - 18:00)

How to fill a personal tax return in the UK.

19 November 2019

In the UK each and every people who have a taxable income need to complete a tax return each year. You must complete and submit a personal tax return, if you fall into one of the below categories before the deadline:

You are freelance or a sole trader
You are a higher-rate tax payer
You are the Director of a limited company and get paid via dividends
You receive rent or income from property in the UK
You receive foreign income even if you don’t normally live in the UK
You receive any form of untaxed income, capital gains or losses
You have your own pension fund or certain savings/investments
You receive other untaxed income specified by HMRC

What if you missed the Self Assessment Deadlines?

If you’ve missed this filing deadline you’ve probably receive a fine. However the fines keep piling up the longer delay, therefore it’s important to file your tax return and pay any tax owed by you as soon as possible.

What do I need to do?

If you do need to complete a personal tax return our team of dedicated highly experienced tax accountants will make your tax returns simple and hassle free. If you do need to file a tax return, we strongly recommend that you should seek help from HMRC and/or a professional tax adviser.

It is a full reconciliation of taxable income and it is important not to leave out any sources of income – no matter how small (unless less than £1) or whether tax has been deducted at source.

We help with a wide range of issues, from simple tax returns or repayment claims to very complex returns and specialist tax advice.

The last tax year started on 6 April 2018 and ended on 5 April 2019.

Online tax returns Deadlines: Midnight 31 January 2020

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) must receive your tax return and any money you owe before the deadline.